For marketers looking to get their brand noticed and reach a target audience, below-the-line (BTL) marketing is better for your budget. Below-the-line marketing is an advertising strategy where products are promoted in the media.
BTL marketing involves targeting an individual or a group of customers with promotional messages. It is all about engaging your customers on a more personal level.
It involves identifying your target audience’s needs and preferences and creating marketing campaigns based on them. Most businesses that engage in BTL marketing activities have already built their brands, and their audience is aware of their existence.
Understanding Below-the-Line Marketing:
Below-the-line marketing aims to reach consumers directly instead of casting a wide net to reach mass audiences. This allows for a more high-touch experience, where a seller can answer direct and better explain the products.
Although BTL marketing activities are effective at targeting a specific group of audiences, they limit the reach you can achieve with your marketing. If you want more people to be aware of your brand and establish its presence on a large scale, BTL marketing may not be the best alternative.
Below are some top BTL activities that you should consider while building your brand.
The most direct way you can engage with your customer Your information will wind up right at their doorstep. With the right tools, you can design a BTL campaign that will entice the customer. This will hopefully draw them closer to the point of purchase.
Millions of people, including your ideal customers, use email daily to make business decisions. Once prospects enter your pipeline, you can develop email campaigns based on user behaviour and preferences to better meet their needs. It helps you reach your target customers.
With 42.2% of direct mail recipients reading the mail they receive, organisations use letters, brochures, postcards, and more to target their audiences at their homes or businesses.
To leverage direct mail, you need to personalise mailers to your prospects’ needs and send frequent campaigns as they’re closer to converting.
Most people overlook social media as a marketing strategy, but it is one of the most effective. When building a local community around your business, social media acts as a direct line between you and your customers.
The average customer spends 2 hours and 25 minutes per day on social media. While it offers you the opportunity to reach a large audience.
It allows you to reach out to them with offers and promotions, but more importantly, they can reach out to you with encouragement or suggestions. Social media is a huge player in the BTL marketing game, as you need a strong brand and a knack for keeping customers engaged.
Events and Sponsorships
These are some of the best ways to grab attention. Events and Sponsorship tend to work best when you already have a customer base and can call them out.
Hosting product launch events or securing sponsorships is a great way to get in front of your audience. Most industry events have several sponsorship opportunities to help get the most attendance and increase awareness.
Grow Your Business with BTL Marketing.
In the current scenario, it’s more important than ever to maintain customer engagement throughout the buyer’s journey. BTL marketing gives your brands the ability to connect with prospects, track conversions, and build more customer loyalty. However, it would be best to have an advertising strategy to attract customers and scale depending on your business objectives.
Here are a few benefits of BTL Marketing Strategy:
- Create Brand Awareness: If your brand wants to gain visibility, BTL marketing is the way to go! BTL activities have proven to be effective ways of spreading awareness about brands. Brands use BTL activities to reach out to a new audience. In the current scenario, BTL agencies in India help brands present themselves on platforms or at events trending offline or on social media. The presence of the brand is highlighted through BTL marketing campaigns.
- Reaching the Target Audience: What’s better than reaching out to your Target Audience personally? Do not neglect the power of personal touch. In BTL campaigns, you can plan a goal and achieve it through strategic marketing campaigns. Whatever your idea is, make sure that you know your audience thoroughly. Identify their likes, dislikes, etc. BTL advertising will assist you in reaching them effectively.
- Makes Your Brand Stand Out: The industry is full of competitors, and the media is loaded with advertisements. In such a cluttered marketing world, BTL marketing is a way to stand apart from the crowd and communicate a clear message to the audience. Moreover, a dynamic approach always sticks to the heart of the audience.
- Builds Brand Credibility: Experiential marketing strategies have boosted the effect of BTL marketing. These activities allow brands to showcase and demonstrate their offerings. High-touch experience delivers instant results and results in the maximum sale of the product. A positive brand image is created while strengthening customer-brand relationships.
- It strongly impacts the audience: When compared with traditional marketing activities, BTL advertising creates more impact on people. The brand gets registered in the audience’s memory, and interaction increases the brand’s recall value.
- Enables the consumers to feel your product: Have you ever come across free product samples when you visit the grocery store or the supermarket? One of the forms of BTL activities is “Sampling and Trial generation.” It introduces the brand to the audience while giving them an insight into the product. When customers touch and feel the product, they purchase it repeatedly. Such activity provides quality assurance to build brand loyalty.
Ultimately, a perfect marketing strategy would include BTL activities to create a message for both new and loyal customers. Top BTL agencies in India develop a stronger, more direct, and personal connection; the slogan is to personalise the message according to the user.
Get in touch with the BTL agency in north India to help build your online presence and grow your brand.